A speech is actually the activity of transferring message, ideas, thought or other intention from Speaker to the audience.
The important things in giving a speech are:
- How your message is understood by other people
- You’re not playing around with your words, but straight to the point or to the issue
Genre: Explanation and Exposition
What should you do?
Choose the topic
Topic is not a title
Topic: Global warming
A Title has to be very specific than a topic. It has to be about a fact, an issue or even particular events
Break down (Specify=make it more specific):
- The dangerous of global warming
- The effect ….
- Let’s save our earth
Topic about: Wildlife
- The almost extinct of Bubut Java
- Under the blue sea
Make an outline
Give small introduction of yourself
State your topic and the title
Talk why you’re interested with the topic/ title
Give small background
Body of the speech
1) Give definition
2) What and why (provide facts – read some books or find some resources from internet)
3) A good speech has to offer solution (How)
Ladies and gentleman, all my friends
The honorable …..
(You have to make repetition)
Have your own draft