Regret Formula: Subject + should + have + v3 ==== look at the example below:
I regret because I hit his car = I should not have hit (V3) his car
I regret because I didn’t give her a flower = I should have given her a flower
I regret because yesterday I didn’t come to school = I should have come to school yesterday
I regret because yesterday I didn’t eat = I should have eaten yesterday
I feel bad because I refused (rejected) her love = I should have received (accepted) her love == using antonym rather than “not”
I feel bad because I didn’t go to Bali = I should have gone to Bali
Formula = Subject + should + have + v3
I shouldn’t have leaved her in the rail way station (negative)
Fact = I leaved her (positive) = antonym verb
Regret = I regret that I leaved her in the rail way station
A speech is actually the activity of transferring message, ideas, thought or other intention from Speaker to the audience.
The important things in giving a speech are:
- How your message is understood by other people
- You’re not playing around with your words, but straight to the point or to the issue
Genre: Explanation and Exposition
What should you do?
Choose the topic
Topic is not a title
Topic: Global warming
A Title has to be very specific than a topic. It has to be about a fact, an issue or even particular events
Break down (Specify=make it more specific):
- The dangerous of global warming
- The effect ….
- Let’s save our earth
Topic about: Wildlife
- The almost extinct of Bubut Java
- Under the blue sea
Make an outline
Give small introduction of yourself
State your topic and the title
Talk why you’re interested with the topic/ title
Give small background
Body of the speech
1) Give definition
2) What and why (provide facts – read some books or find some resources from internet)
3) A good speech has to offer solution (How)
Ladies and gentleman, all my friends
The honorable …..
(You have to make repetition)
Have your own draft
Well, i’m sure your visit here is about to cover your english remedial. Now, read the instruction and do it now!
1. Find out an article on certain genre (you may have it already from your teacher in the class)
2. Find our the task in Assignment for Class XII category
3. Write the article on the comment space of this post. Don’t forget to provide 5 multiple choices related to the article topic!
4. Write your name (full name) and your class. Don’t forget to write down also your email address.
5. Then click, Submit to send the article.